Description: Beautifully restored 'The Manse' of Yass is a hidden oasis offering privacy and extensive gardens, right in the centre of town. You must experience this property to fully appreciate its sense of history, grandeur, and unparalleled splendour.
Hidden from Rossi Street with a long gravel driveway, once inside the gateway The Manse delivers. You could be anywhere, but you are only 500 metres from the CBD and the cafe's, eateries, and shopping. The Manse offers space, tranquillity, and serenity far removed from a busy world.
The Manse was originally built in 1886 and has been beautifully renovated and lovingly restored over time to what is now an historical masterpiece for modern living. Period features abound with original doors, latches, windows, polished floorboards, towering ceilings with ornate cornices, open fireplaces, and wide veranda's all in beautiful condition.
There are a multitude of spacious living areas designed for optimal living experience.
* Stunning formal sitting room looking east over the town with a large open fireplace.
* Quiet reading room looks out onto a courtyard and gardens beyond.
* Light-filled sunroom is naturally the living hub of the home and has a northerly aspect overlooking the gardens
* Large master bedroom complete with spacious dressing room and renovated ensuite.
* Three bedrooms separate from the main.
* Family bathroom.
* Modern kitchen with walk in pantry.
* Spacious formal dining room.
* Large north facing deck with sweeping views of the gardens and town.
* 3.6 metre ceilings, cedar ceilings, triple brick construction, blue stone foundations.
Most rooms have stunning vistas of the gardens, town or both whilst remaining completely private.
Comfort is foremost and achieved with ducted gas heating that is supplemented with a slow combustion wood fire and two open fireplaces. The elevated location and design allow crossflow ventilation in warmer months.
The established gardens are simply superb and beautifully kept. There are stunning mature trees in the garden, complimented with an open expanse of manicured lawn. The Bunya Pine is certainly one of the features that standout.
* Gravel tennis court for entertaining family and friends.
* The old farriers shed is still in the garden with various period artifacts.
* Plenty of shed room for vehicles, including a workshop.
* Large chook run means fresh eggs for breakfast.
* 9 July 1881 There was movement afoot to raise a subscription list to build a Manse at the Laidlaw property.
* 29 May 1885 Presbyterian land formally handed over to NSW Presbyterian Church for a Manse to be built.
* 5 March 1886 Foundation stone laid for new Manse to be built by George Thompson.
* 12 February 1886 Thompson & Bates, contractors for the erection of the Presbyterian Manse on Laidlaw's Hill have commenced their work.
* 5 November 1886 Rev Dickinson informed the council that he has moved into the Presbyterian Manse.
This is a property of enormous historical significance. There are numerous historical documents available for viewing on inspection of the property.
This is your opportunity to purchase one of Yass' finest historical residences, with properties of this grandeur being in high demand.
For sale by auction at 12:00 midday on Saturday 15th October 2022.
*All efforts have been made to make sure this information is correct; however, you should make your own enquires and rely on them.